0

My Album Review: Secondhand Serenade "A Twist In My Story"

Posted by itsyourboyerik on 10:55 PM

I am very open about what music I listen to. Regardless of what genre the music falls in, whether it makes me rock out to my air guitar in my undies or recline my car seat all the way back, turn the bass all the way up while I set alarms off as I drive by other cars, I will like it. On to my review.

Like most people, I discovered Secondhand Serenade through the single "Fall For You". It is a very catchy and addicting song. Secondhand Serenade is actually a one-man band by the name of John Vesely. Vesely is one of those up and coming artists that promoted his music through Myspace. His single "Fall For You" hit the airwaves a couple of months ago and since has been making it on many radio countdowns. The whole album does not disappoint either. Other songs on the album like "Like a Knife", "Your Call", and "A Twist In My Story" makes this album worth downloading (legally of course) or if you're still stuck in 2003, it's worth buying the CD. The sound, as you would expect from the title of the songs, give a hint of Vesely's emo-ish lyrical content. It has a lot of acoustic backing sounds and is mistakenly comparable to old-school Dashboard Confessional.

The album is definitely worth the listen, and a keeper.

I rate it:
3/5

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Bloggy McBlog All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.